Let me introduce myself. My name is Buljit Buragohain. My home place is Bhehpara, Dhemaji,Assam. My father’s name is Mr. Nomal Buragohain and mother’s name is Late Saruj Dihingia. My wife's name is Julika Borphukon ( Srishti ) and my son's name is Jagrabh Buragohain.
I have passed HSLC from Dhemaji H.S.School (1993),H.S. from Dhemaji College (1995).I have done B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) from Jorhat Engineering College (2000), M.Tech.(Energy Technology) from Tezpur University (2002), Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati (2011) . My Phd topic: “Thermodynamic Optimization of Biomass Gasification”.
Earlier, I worked (March 2012 to July 2018) as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Dean (Student Affairs) at Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology, Guwahati .
From 31st March, 2018 to 31st March, 2020 I worked as Principal-In-Charge of Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology (GIMT), Tezpur (www.gimt-tezpur.ac.in
I have worked as Principal of GIHM, Guwahati from 1st June 2020 to 30th November,2020 (www.gatewayihm.com
I have joined as as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Assam Don Bosco University (https://dbuniversity.ac.in
) on 1st December 2020.
In most of the online communities of Assamese people residing at various parts of the world, I am informing the positive developments of Assam on a regular basis from the year 2000.
Delivered lectures at more than 150 career counseling programmes as guest speaker in schools and colleges in various places of Assam and I have attended as a resource person more than 100 career counselling WEBINAR.
I serve the youth of Assam by answering their queries and giving free guidance on career related matters over phone(9435188630) every Saturday from 6P.M. to 9P.M.
I have taken part in different Career related program in different TV Channels and AIR Guwahati .
My career related articles and letters have been published in most of the major newpapers and magazines of Assam.
I have been honoured as one of the special 10 contributing in different fields by Jeevan magazine in the year 2011.
I have been recognised by “Prantik” magazine as Highest Letter Writer in the year 2011 for on various issues of the society.
1. xapadakalou chithi : A collection of letters to the Editor on socio-political and educational issues by Dr. Buljit Buragohain & published by Saumitra Jogee on behalf of AANK-BAAK, Guwahati (First Edition : May 2014)
2. Career Haatputhi : A book on different Career edited by Dr. Buljit Buragohain & published by Anil Baruah on behalf of Assamese Language and Software Development Centre , Guwahati (First Edition : December 2015).
Buljit Buragohain has been awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) by the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) for his thesis “Thermodynamic Optimization of Biomass Gasification”. He completed his doctoral research under the joint supervision of Dr. V.S. Moholkar, Department of Chemical Engineering, and Prof. P. Mahanta, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. He is the son of Mr. Nomal Buragohain and Late Saruj Dihingia, of Bhehpara Gaon, Dhemaji.
ভাৰতীয় প্রযুক্তিবিদ্যা প্রতিষ্ঠান গুৱাহাটীৰ পৰা বুলজিৎ বুঢ়াগোহাঁইয়ে ডক্টৰেট ডিগ্রী লাভ কৰিছে। এওঁ উক্ত প্রযুক্তিবিদ্যা প্রতিষ্ঠানৰ কেমিকেল ইঞ্জিনিয়াৰিং বিভাগৰ সহযোগী অধ্যাপক ড° ভি এছ মোহলকাৰ আৰু মেকানিকেল ইঞ্জিনিয়াৰিং বিভাগৰ অধ্যাপক পি মহন্ত অধীনত গৱেষণা কৰিছিল। তেওঁৰ গৱেষণাৰ বিষয় আছিল “Thermodynamic Optimization of Biomass Gasification”. এওঁ ধেমাজি জিলাৰ ভেহপৰা গাওঁ নিবাসী শিক্ষক নোমল বুঢ়াগোহাঁই আৰু প্রয়াত শিক্ষয়িত্রী সৰোজ দিহিঙ্গীয়াৰ পুত্র।"
Academic Publication of Buljit Buragohain
a) Journal paper:
1. B. Buragohain, S. Chakma, P. Kumar, P. Mahanta and V.S. Moholkar. Comparative evaluation of kinetic , equilibrium and semi-equilibrium models for biomass gasification. International Journal of Energy and Environment , Vol. 4(4), 581-614,2013.
2. B. Buragohain, P. Mahanta and V.S. Moholkar. Performance Correlations for
Biomass Gasifiers Using Semi-equilibrium Non-stoichiometric Thermodynamic Models. International Journal of Energy Research 36 (5), 590-618, 2012
3. B. Buragohain, P. Mahanta and V.S. Moholkar. Investigations in Gasification of Biomass Mixtures Using Thermodynamic Equilibrium and Semi-equilibrium Models. International Journal of Energy and Environment Vol. 2(3), 551 – 578, 2011.
4. B. Buragohain, P. Mahanta and V.S. Moholkar. Thermodynamic Optimization of Biomass Gasification for Decentralized Power Generation and Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis. Energy Vol. 35(6), 2557 – 2579 ,2010.
5. B. Buragohain, P. Mahanta and V.S. Moholkar. Biomass Gasification for Decentralized Power Generation: The Indian Perspective. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews Vol. 14, 73 – 92 ,2010 .
6. P. Mahanta, A. Dewan, U. K. Saha, P. Kalita and B. Buragohain, Biogas Digester: A Discussion on Factors Affecting Biogas Production and Field Investigation of a Novel Duplex Digester, Journal of Solar Energy Society of India ,15 (2), 1-12,2005
b) Book Chapters :
1. B. Buragohain, P. Mahanta and V.S. Moholkar. First Principles Design of a Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) Biomass Gasifier. In: New Technologies for Rural Development Having Potential for Commercialization (Editor, J.P. Shukla), Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi (2009) pp. 210 – 223.
2. B. Buragohain, P. Mahanta, V.S. Moholkar.Thermodynamic Approach to Design and Optimization of Biomass Gasifiers Utilizing Agro-Residues. In: Waste-to-Energy in Developing Countries and Transitional Economies (Editor, A. Karagiannidis), Springer – Verlag (2012) pp. 157-195.
c) Conference Presentations :
1. B. Buragohain, P. Mahanta, V.S. Moholkar. Biomass Gasification: A Viable Alternative to Coal Gasification. International Seminar on Coal Gasification: Challenges and Opportunities for India, I. I. T. Bombay, Mumbai, October 2007 (poster presentation).
2. B. Buragohain, P. Mahanta, V.S. Moholkar. First Principles Design of a Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) Biomass Gasifier. National Workshop on New Technology for Rural Development Having Potential for Commercialization, Advanced Materials for Process Research Institute (CSIR), Bhopal, May 2009 (oral presentation).
3. B. Buragohain, P. Mahanta, V.S. Moholkar. Material and Energy Balance Calculations (MEBC) for Circulating Fluidized Bed Biomass Gasifier. CHEMCON 2009, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, December 2009 (oral presentation).
4. B. Buragohain, P. Mahanta, V.S. Moholkar. Performance Correlations for Biomass Gasifiers. CHEMCON 2010, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, December 2010 (oral presentation).
Youtube Links : Buljit Buragohain